Chicken With Cranberries And Red WineFrom Cherrill 3 years ago
- 2 tablespoons veg oil shopping list
- 1 onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 4 chicken quarters, skinned shopping list
- 1 8oz can whole berry cranberry sauce shopping list
- 1 10oz can condensed tomato soup shopping list
- 2/3rds cup red wine shopping list
- juice of 1 lemon shopping list
- 1 cup sliced button mushrooms shopping list
- salt and freshly ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- In a large frying pan, heat the oil and fry the onion until soft
- Add the chicken and fry, turning, until browned on all sides, then remove from the pan.
- By this time, some of the onion will be charred - if you don't want this remove the onion before frying the chicken.
- Add the cranberry sauce, soup and red wine, gradually, to the pan.
- Add the lemon juice and bring to the boil, stirring, and boil for 2 minutes
- Add the mushrooms and season to taste
- Return the chicken to the pan, cover and simmer for 40 minutes.
- I didn't have a lid for my pan, so I covered it with foil.
The CookCherrill Pizarra, Spain
- Not added to any groups yet!