Pepper BeefFrom keni 5 years ago
- 2lbs beef steak(sirloin or better), sliced against the grain in thin strips shopping list
- 2T corn starch shopping list
- 3T peanut or olive oil shopping list
- 1/4-1t red pepper flakes shopping list
- 3 bell peppers, sliced in strips shopping list
- 4 green onions, sliced in 1/2 inch pieces shopping list
- 2 cups sugar snap peas(or sub broccoli florets or asparagus pieces) shopping list
For pepper Marinade
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 2T worcestershire sauce(we don't like soy sauce, but you can can sub 1/2 and 1/2, if desired) shopping list
- 2T rice vinegar shopping list
- 2T sake, Shaoxing, or dry white wine shopping list
- 1t fresh ground pepper shopping list
- kosher or sea salt shopping list
For Pepper Sauce
- 1/4 cup worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce or ketchup(I used Mexican spicy tomato sauce) shopping list
- 2T oyster sauce shopping list
- 2T honey shopping list
- 2T Chinese chili sauce shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- dash of sesame oil(optional) shopping list
- 2t fresh ground pepper shopping list
- rice or soba noodles, cooked shopping list
How to make it
- Toss meat strips with marinade ingredients and let marinate while preparing sauce, noodles or rice, and rest of ingredients.(at least 15 minutes, up to 24 hours)
- Combine all sauce ingredients well and set aside.
- Heat oil in wok or stir fry pan. Add pepper flakes and stir quickly for 30 seconds.
- Toss meat with cornstarch and add it to hot oil.
- Stir fry about 2-3 minutes until uniform color and no longer red, but not cooked through.
- Add sauce, green onions, bell peppers and peas and cook another 2 minutes or so until heated through and meat is done. Do not over cook.
- Serve over sobo noodles or rice.