Mongolian BeefFrom mommylotte 4 years ago
- 250 g beef tenderloin (thinly sliced) shopping list
- 2 stalks of leeks or scallion (for garnish) shopping list
- 1 knob ginger ( sliced thinly) shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic ( minced ) shopping list
- cooking oil shopping list
- for the marinade : shopping list
- 1 Tsp cornstarch ( dissolved in 1 Tbsp water ) shopping list
- 1 Tsp soy sauce shopping list
- 1 Tsp Chinese cooking wine ( you may use rice wine. In my case, I used shaoxing wine. ) shopping list
- for the Sauce : shopping list
- 2 Tsp oyster sauce shopping list
- 2 Tbsp light soy sauce ( like kikkoman) shopping list
- 1/2 Tsp dark soy sauce shopping list
- about 3 dashes of white pepper powder shopping list
- 1 Tbsp sugar shopping list
How to make it
- In a bowl, combine all the Marinade Ingredients. Then marinate the beef slices for at least 30 minutes.
- In another bowl, combine all the ingredients for the sauce. Set aside.
- Heat up a pan with about a Tbsp of cooking oil and stir-fry the marinated beef until they are half-done. Dish out and set aside.
- Add another Tbsp of oil in the same pan. Saute the garlic and ginger until aromatic.
- Add the beef and the sauce. Stir-fry until the beef are done.
- Dish out and sprinkle chopped leeks or scallion on top.
- Serve with rice.
The Cookmommylotte Aichi Ken, Japan
- Not added to any groups yet!