Broccoli CasseroleFrom laneysmom 7 years ago
- 1 lb of broccoli-frozen, fresh your preference. shopping list
- 1/2 cup of shredded sharp cheese shopping list
- 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese-optional, I just like a good amount of cheese. shopping list
- 1 cup of mayo shopping list
- 1/2 cup of sour cream shopping list
- 1 can of cream of mushroom soup shopping list
- 1 medium sized onion shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 bag or box of croutons (using about half of the bag) shopping list
- 1/2 stick of margarine shopping list
How to make it
- This recipe cooks for about 45 minutes on 400*.
- Chop onion, I prefer to chop mine kind of fine. It just depends on how much you like the onion texture-your choice.
- Shred cheese-I use a grater so the cheese is thin.
- In large bowl, mix together Mayo, Sour Cream, Mushroom Soup, Onion, Egg and the Cheese.
- After everything is mixed, it should have a real "pretty" grey color, then add the broccoli. If it is frozen, just put it in with the other ingredients-you don't have to thaw it or drain it.
- Mix everything together well one last time.
- I usually cook this is an 8x8 baking dish. There isn't a need to grease anything, just put mixture in dish.
- When there is about 15 minutes left before the casserole is finished, use a bit of the margarine-depending on your preference- and saute the croutons. Croutons also depend on whether or not you enjoy really crunchy food or just a little bit.
- Remove the casserole from the oven, place croutons on top and bake for about 5 minutes. Be careful not to overcook the croutons, they burn easily and once it has cooled a bit, serve as your sidedish.
The Cooklaneysmom Wilmington, DE
The Rating3 people
I am wanting a good broccoli casserole - I think I found it here! Cannot wait to make it.clbacon in Birmingham loved it
Best Broccoli casserole ever!!!! also used cream of Broccoli instead of mushroom Already had it on hand. Thanksconspiritor2 in Rice Lake loved it
Made it last night, it was very simple and quick. I added some ham chunks and used cream of broccoli soup instead of the mushroom and my hubby luved it! So did my 2 1/2 yr. old!jlinaz_ma in Ulysses loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!