Slow Cooker Sweet And Tangy Maple-cranberry Pulled TurkeyFrom christinem 4 years ago
- 1 2.5 to 3 pound turkey breast or split turkey breast (bone-in, if your slowcooker is large enough to accommodate it, and skin on for flavor) shopping list
- 1 medium onion, diced shopping list
- 1 jalapeno, minced shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 tsp prepared horseradish (not the creamed kind) shopping list
- 1 tsp spicy Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1 14-oz can whole berry cranberry sauce (or about 1 1/3 cups homemade) shopping list
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup shopping list
- 1 tsp. hot pepper sauce shopping list
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 tsp cayenne shopping list
- 1/2 cup chicken stock shopping list
- salt & pepper shopping list
- 3 or 4 sage leaves shopping list
- 2 or 3 thyme sprigs shopping list
- 2 bay leaves shopping list
How to make it
- Place turkey breast in slowcooker.
- Combine onion through salt & pepper and pour over turkey; add sage, thyme and bay leaves.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 to 5 hours.
- Remove turkey, discarding skin and bones, and shred with a fork. Discard sage, thyme sprigs and bay leaves. Return shredded turkey to juices in slowcooker and heat through. Adjust seasonings.
- Serve on buns.