Grilled Clams With Garlic ButterFrom pleclare 5 years ago
- 8 TB cold,unsalted butter,cut in small pieces shopping list
- 4 lg. cloves garlic,minced shopping list
- 1/4 c dry white wine shopping list
- 1/4 c heavy cream shopping list
- 2 TB minced chives shopping list
- Kosher or sea salt shopping list
- fresh ground pepper shopping list
- 1-1/2 lbs littleneck clams,well scrubbed shopping list
- dash of paprika shopping list
How to make it
- For sauce: Heat 3 TB butter in saucepan over low till foamy. Add garlic,saute,stirring about 30 seconds. Add wine and cream,increase to med-high and simmer to reduce by half,about 8 mins.
- Add remaining butter,one piece at a time,whisking constantly unti sauce is shiny and thick enough to coat back of spoon.Remove from heat,andd chives,paprika,salt and pepper.
- For Clams: Place clams directly on grill,medium heat. Grill without turning,until they pop open,8-10 mins..Transfer immediately with tongs to plate...Use tongs to widen shell opening and spoon 1 tsp sauce over each clam...