Thai Chicken & Basil Stir-fryFrom Kokopelli 3 years ago
- 1/2 cup of sliced shiitake mushrooms shopping list
- 2 T of coconut oil ( you can use canola oil) shopping list
- 1 medium yellow onion thinly sliced shopping list
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced shopping list
- 2 T of minced fresh ginger shopping list
- 1 lb of boneless skinless chicken, cut into thin slices shopping list
- 5 green onions (including tops), cut into 1-inch pieces shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups lightly packed slivered fresh basil leaves shopping list
- Hot cooked rice shopping list
- coconut milk COOKING SAUCE shopping list
- 3/4 cup coconut milk shopping list
- 4 T soy sauce shopping list
- 3 T unseasoned rice vinegar shopping list
- 1/2 to 1 t crushed red pepper flakes shopping list
How to make it
- Mix all ingredients together for the coconut milk cooking sauce and set aside.
- Heat 2 T of the oil in a wok or wide frying pan over high heat.
- Add yellow onion, garlic, and ginger; cook, stirring, until onion is lightly browned. With a slotted spoon, transfer onion mixture to a bowl; set aside.
- Add chicken to pan, a portion at a time; cook, stirring, until lightly browned (about 3 minutes). As chicken is cooked, lift out and add to onion mixture.
- Pour cooking sauce into pan; boil, stirring constantly, until reduced by about a third. Return onion mixture and chicken to pan.
- Add mushrooms, green onions, and basil; stir just until heated through.
- Serve over rice.
People Who Like This Dish 10
- cameo55 Saint Peters, MO
- ariadnebarzane Phoenix, AZ
- notyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
- mystichunii Sheffield, United Kingdom
- christinem Worcester, MA
- ttaaccoo Buffalo, NY
- kristopher San Francisco, CA
- gsgelm Brooklyn, NY
- cinnamongal Mequon, WI
- Kokopelli Nowhere, Us
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The CookKokopelli Nowhere, Us
- Not added to any groups yet!