Chorizo Black Bean TacosFrom keni 2 years ago
- 1lb Mexican chorizo(in links(casings removed) or bulk, if possible...not the tube things :)...for homemade, try this: Mexican Chorizo De Puebla shopping list
- 1 cup cooked black beans(canned is okay, just drain them :) shopping list
- 1 large onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic shopping list
- 1 medium tomato, diced shopping list
- 1-2 green chiles, diced(sub a can of rotel, if desired) shopping list
- flour or corn tortillas shopping list
- 8oz any melty mexican cheese(or sub Jack, if need be) shopping list
- sour cream shopping list
- guacamole shopping list
- cilantro shopping list
How to make it
- Combine chorizo, onion, garlic, beans, tomatoes and chiles in large, heavy pan(I used cast iron).
- Cook over medium heat until meat is cooked(make sure to break it up) and onion and peppers are soft.
- Serve in shells or on chips with cheese, sour cream, guacamole and cilantro.
The Cookkeni Sweet Home, AL
The Rating1 people
I really want to try this using that chorizo recipe. On my list for next week ;0)mommyluvs2cook in Santa Fe loved it
Okay you knew I'd be making these and they were awesome! Thanks so much for posting the recipe for the chorizo too! I used a can of green chilis and used queso fresco for the cheese! Awesome taco ;) moremommyluvs2cook in Santa Fe loved it