Watermelon JellyFrom pointsevenout 3 years ago
How to make it
- Wash and rinse jars; let stand in hot water. Bring lids and rings to boil; turn down heat; let stand in hot water.
- Prepare a water-bath canner or large stock pot with boiling water to process pint jars once filled.
- Seed and juice about 8 cups of sweet watermelon flesh chunks, which reduces to 4 cups watermelon juice. Measure juice into pan with lemon juice.
- Make calcium water as directed by Pomona package directions. Store unused calcium water in fridge.
- Add 4 teaspoons of calcium water from jar into pan; stir well.
- Measure 2 cups sugar into separate bowl. Thoroughly mix 4 ½ teaspoons Pectin powder, from Pomona package into sugar.
- Bring juice to a boil. Add pectin sugar; stir vigorously 1-2 min. while cooking to dissolve pectin. Return to a boil and remove from heat.
- Fill jars to ¼” of top. Wipe rims clean. Screw on 2-piece lids. Put filled jars in boiling water to cover. Boil 10 minutes adding 1 min. more for every 1,000 ft. above sea level. Remove from water. Let jars cool. Check seals–lids should be sucked down.
- This is not a sticky sweet jelly because of the reduced sugar requirement. It lets more of the watermelon flavor shine through.
The Cookpointsevenout Athens, AL
- Not added to any groups yet!