Lazy But Angry Woman Pasta SauceFrom jo_jo_ba 3 years ago
- 2 tsp olive oil shopping list
- 1 large, sweet onion, peeled and quartered shopping list
- 1 large carrot, roughly cut shopping list
- 2 sweet bell peppers (1 used 1 cubanelle, 1 Shepherd), seeded and quartered shopping list
- 2 habanero peppers, seeded and halved shopping list
- 6 cloves garlic shopping list
- 3 lbs fresh tomatoes (mostly plum if you can), halved or quartered shopping list
- 1/4 cup red wine shopping list
- 1 sprig fresh thyme (I used my lemon thyme) shopping list
- 1 small sprig fresh rosemary, leaves stripped (about 1/2 tbsp) shopping list
- 1 tsp dried basil (was all I had, you could definitely use fresh at the end instead) shopping list
- 1/2 tsp sea salt shopping list
- 2 packets stevia (or 4 tsp sugar) shopping list
- 1 tsp lemon juice shopping list
How to make it
- In a large pot over medium heat, warm the olive oil.
- In a food processor, place the onion quarters and finely chop (do this by hand if you dont have one, or really like chopping!).
- Add to the pot and slowly cook, stirring, until golden and meltingly soft (about 10 minutes)
- In the food processor, finely chop the carrots and add to the cooked onions.
- Raise the heat to medium-high and cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes.
- Process all the peppers and the garlic until minced (especially the habaneros!) and add to the pot See Photo. Cook, stirring, 7-8 minutes.
- Puree all the tomatoes in the processor.
- When peppers are tender, add the wine and stir well, then stir in the tomatoes, thyme sprig, rosemary, basil and salt.
- Lower heat to medium low and cook, stirring occasionally, 1 1/2 - 2 hours, until no longer "liquidy".
- Remove from heat.
- With an immersion blender, regular blender or food processor (since it's out), puree the sauce until smooth (or the texture you like).
- Stir in the stevia (or sugar) and lemon juice and serve or store.
- Makes 5 1/2 cups (22 1/4-cup servings)
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
On A Budget557 members
Good To Freeze126 members
Comfort Foods770 members
Gluten Free No Wheat240 members
Eat Light Healthy455 members
Cooking For Food Allergies45 members
The Incredible Allergens8 members
Whole Foods142 members