Sausage And Potato CasseroleFrom essentialingredients 3 years ago
- 5 lbs of potatoes – either russet or Yukon gold, cut into same size relatively small pieces (if I’m using russets, I’ll half peel them first, I don’t peel the Yukon golds at all) shopping list
- 2 14 oz packages beef smoked sausage, sliced into bite sized pieces (the “rope” kind) or a combination of sausages (I made this with one package of beef smoked sausage and one package of chipotle chicken sausage and it was great!) shopping list
- 1 2 lb loaf Velveeta, cubed small (Yep, it’s a lot, I know! I can confidently say that cutting back would be fine here. Also, I think this would be a great place to experiment with various types of cheese – instead of all that Velveeta.) shopping list
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup (I use fat free in a weak attempt to offset the Velveeta) shopping list
- 1 soup can of milk shopping list
- 3 tablespoons dried minced onion, or one medium onion, minced or grated (or chopped if you prefer) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Put the cut potatoes into a large pot and cover with cold water, bring to a boil and cook until potatoes are soft & easily pierced with a fork. Drain the potatoes as completely as you can.
- While the potatoes are draining, in a small bowl combine the cream of mushroom soup, the soup can of milk and the onion and whisk it together.
- Once the potatoes are well drained, either return them to the pot (if it’s a pretty big one) or put them in a large bowl.
- Add the sliced sausage.
- Add the cubed cheese.
- Pour the soup mixture over everything.
- Stir things around – not too much or the potatoes will start to break down, but enough to get things distributed and combined.
- Transfer everything to a 9 x 13 baking dish and bake @ 425 for about 30 minutes.
The Cookessentialingredients Kansas City, Missouri
- Not added to any groups yet!