Chicken RiceFrom eyliable 3 years ago
- approx 1 cup of chicken, chopped into small less-than-bite sized pieces shopping list
- 2 cups rice shopping list
- I-1/2 cup of finely diced vegetables (I like a mix of capsicum, snow pea, celery-something fresh and light that will add a bit of crunch) shopping list
- 1/3 cup of peas (I use frozen) shopping list
- a handful of fresh, chopped shallots (I think other countries refer to these as scallions?) shopping list
- fresh parsley, chopped roughly shopping list
- optional; chicken/vegetable stock shopping list
- for the marinade; shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- approx 2 tsp, powdered tumeric shopping list
- approx 2 tsp, curry powder shopping list
- a dash of tamari (or soy) shopping list
- a pinch of mixed dried herbs shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, diced finely shopping list
- Everything is adjustable depending on your tastes/ingredients. More or less chicken, or none. Different vegetables, such as cauliflower...Less/more rice or vegetable. shopping list
How to make it
- Put rice on to cook (I always use my rice cooker for this)
- Mix all marinade ingredients together, I say approximate because it's not dreadfully important; I always just sort of tip it in. Use a good splash of olive oil (or your preferred cooking oil) to blend it all together. It should be a reasonably runny paste once you've mixed the tamari in too.
- Add chicken to the marinade, stir through so it's all well covered and allow to stand while you prep your other ingredients.
- Stirfry chicken in a large wok or pan, along with any excess marinade. Cook until it's browning, stirring occasionally to make sure it isn't sticking. If it is, you may want a dash more oil. If you're choosing to use a vegetable that may want a quick fry, I add it now too.
- Check your rice, if it's close to done, I add my frozen peas to the top and replace the lid on the cooker-it steams them for the last minute.
- Once chicken is nicely brown, add rice to the wok, stirring through well so it collects all excess spice and adopts a nice fresh colour from the tumeric. Add vegetables, and mix through.
- It's here I add a small dash of chicken stock to the rice, if I want the extra flavour.
- Lastly, toss fresh parsley and shallots through and serve.
The Cookeyliable Wonderland, AU
- Not added to any groups yet!