Potato Leek Soup Vegan Or VegetarianFrom Good4U 3 years ago
- 2 large leeks - tender pale green and white parts cleaned and chopped. shopping list
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed. shopping list
- 6 cups unsalted veggie soup stock. Or 6 cups of water. shopping list
- Plus 2 unsalted veggie bouillon cubes or packages. shopping list
- *See veggie stock below from scratch if interested. shopping list
- 1 Tbsp peeled, stemmed & minced fresh garlic (2 - 3 cloves) shopping list
- 1 Tbsp olive oil. shopping list
- 1 Bay leaf shopping list
- 1/2 - 1 tsp salt and freshly ground pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 - 2 cups plain unsweetened rice milk *If not Vegan normal milk or cream can be used. shopping list
- 2 Tbsp chopped parsley shopping list
How to make it
- Prep leeks, potatoes chopped and cleaned. Clean and mince garlic or finely chop.
- Cook potatoes in soup stock with salt and bay leaf
- Heat oil on medium in a large dutch oven or soup pot
- Saute garlic and leeks until soft and turning almost golden do not over cook!
- Add potatoes and stock to the leeks and garlic.
- Cook over medium heat for a 5-10 minutes or more, until the potatoes are tender.
- Remove the bay leaf!
- Puree with a stick blender or in 2 batches in a jar blender.
- Add rice milk to thin to desired consistency *If not Vegan milk and cream can be used.
- Add salt & pepper to taste, and chopped parsley stir in.
- Heat gently for a few minutes (don't boil), then serve. With your favorite bread and hummus! Yum!
- Veggie Soup Stock For those interested!
- Note: This can be made a day ahead and freezes well to keep on hand.
- 8 cups water
- 2 - 3 slices peeled fresh ginger
- 1 or two bay leaves
- 2 carrots, cut in chunks
- 3 stalks celery cleaned and chopped
- 1 handful of parsley chopped any type fresh preferred
- You can adjust to your taste. For example if you don't like ginger use a chopped onion.
- Bring to a boil. Simmer covered for 30 min. - 1 hr
- Drain off the broth, and freeze what you don't use for another day's soup!
- Then your imagination can reign supreme! Add anything you like!
- Beans, other veggies, rice or tofu and you have many other soup options!
The CookGood4U Perth, Canada
- Not added to any groups yet!