Cinnamon Sugar Fried ApplesFrom Ecualombian 4 years ago
- 4 Large apples, cleaned (Granny Smith, Golden Delicious, Fuji, any apples you like or on hand) shopping list
- oil for frying shopping list
- cinnamon sugar (1/3 Cup brown sugar and 1 Tbsp Powdered Cinnamon shopping list
- Batter: shopping list
- 150g All Purpose flour, sifted shopping list
- Pinch of salt shopping list
- 2 Tbsp Granulated White sugar shopping list
- 250ml milk shopping list
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten shopping list
- 1/2 Tsp lemon zest shopping list
- 1 Tbsp Melted unsalted butter shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Mix all ingredients for batter in a bowl until smooth. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside to rest for 30 minutes.
- 2. While batter is resting core and slice apples 1cm thick. Set aside. Start heating oil.
- 3. Dip apple slices in batter, then fry until golden on each side. Drain the apples well on double lined paper towels. Then sprinkle the cinnamon sugar on the slices. Serve immediately.