Most Tender Pie CrustFrom jo_jo_ba 5 years ago
How to make it
- In a large bowl with a pastry blender or two knives, cut lard into flour and salt until particles are the size of small peas.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining 1/4 cup flour, the water and the vinegar, whisk until smooth.
- Pour all at once into lard/flour mixture; stir with a fork just until the ingredients are combined.
- Divide dough in half, wrap each in plastic wrap and chill a minimum of 2 hours, preferably overnight (I tried skipping this once - don't!).
- Roll out and bake as your recipe directs.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
On A Budget559 members
Good To Freeze130 members
Comfort Foods775 members
Cooking For Food Allergies45 members
A Slice Of Pie126 members
Cooking With Kids38 members
Special NeedsRestricted55 members
Christmas All Year183 members
Eggless Cooking Egg Substitues50 members
No Sugar Low Sugar Cooking94 members