Cheesecake Italian StyleFrom grecogirl 4 years ago
- Crust: shopping list
- 2 cups crushed graham crackers or vanilla wafers shopping list
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup melted butter shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- Filling: shopping list
- 32 oz mascarpone cheese or 3 lbs ricotta (or half of each) shopping list
- 1 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 6 large eggs shopping list
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream shopping list
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest shopping list
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract shopping list
How to make it
- Grease a springform pan with butter. Pre-heat oven to 300 degrees.
- Crust: ( you can also do a crust less version)
- In medium bowl combine the graham crackers, sugar , cinnamon and melted butter. Then press the crumb mixture evenly over the entire bottom of the pan and about an inch up the side of the pan.
- Refrigerate while making the filling.
- With an electric mixer blend the cheese and sugar. Beat on medium for two min. then add the eggs one at a time beating well in between. Beat the heavy whipping cream with mixer a bit until fluffy then add in the whipping cream, lemon zest, and vanilla to cheese mixture. Beat until all incorporated and creamy. Take the crust out of the fridge and place on larger cookie sheet. Pour the filling into the springform pan with the crumbled crust. Bake for 1 1/2 hours or until sides are firm and come away from the sides of pan. The middle will still be a little jiggily .Place on cooling rack and allow to cool completely. Cover with saran wrap and store in fridge. Cheese cake tastes better after being refrigerated overnight.
The Cookgrecogirl WI
- Not added to any groups yet!