Twice Baked SquashFrom troutwhisperer 5 years ago
How to make it
- Twice baked squash
- Halve, and clean an Acorn, turban, or buttercup squash.
- Carefully, with the squash hot out of the oven, remove the cooked squash, from the rind, save the rind
- In a bowl mash the squash to a creamy consistency
- To the bowl
- Add six pats of butter
- 1/8th of a cup of diced onions
- 6 strips of cooked crisp cooled and diced bacon
- Refill squash rinds
- Cover with grated farmer’s cheese
- Re-heat in oven under broiler until cheese is golden brown and bubbles
The Cooktroutwhisperer Two Harbors, MN
- Not added to any groups yet!