Señor AlfredoFrom keni 4 years ago
- 2 cups heavy cream shopping list
- 1 cup Cotija cheese, grated(this should be a dry cheese, very similar to Parmesan...or, sub another similar Mexican or Spanish cheese) shopping list
- 1 stick cold butter, cut into 8 pieces shopping list
- 1/4 cup Mexican crema(or sub sour cream) shopping list
- 2 roasted poblano peppers, diced*, with or without seeds shopping list
- 1lb cooked chorizo(or similar Spanish or Mexican type sausage) shopping list
- 1lb cooked pasta(I used a Mexican brand of lil shells, just cus :) shopping list
- handful of fresh cilantro shopping list
- kosher or sea salt and fresh ground pepper shopping list
How to make it
- In a medium sauce pan, heat cream to just boiling, then immediately lower the heat to maintain a simmer.
- Add cheese a lil at a time, stirring constantly, until melted through.
- Add butter, 1 piece at a time, stirring well between each.
- Add crema, peppers, chorizo, oregano and salt and pepper and stir well.
- Heat through and stir often to blend well.
- Pour over cooked pasta, add cilantro, toss well and serve immediately!
- *to roast fresh poblanos, just heat the whole, fresh pepper over the flame of a gas stove OR in a 500 broiler OR in a cast iron skillet over high heat, etc, until skin is mostly charred and bubbling. Place peppers in a paper bag and let sit for half an hour or so, then just rub the charred skin away and dice up the pepper to use!