Simple Basil And Pasta Tomato SauceFrom cookingguyFTW 3 years ago
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes shopping list
- 1 medium onion shopping list
- tomato puree 1tbsp shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 1 bell pepper (any colour) shopping list
- basil leaves, about 6 (or you can use 2tbsp of dried) shopping list
- pasta around 190grams, I recommend penne or fusilli shopping list
- olive oil or butter shopping list
- vegetable or chicken stock cube shopping list
How to make it
- chop the onions finely along with the peppers, fry on a low heat in the oil or butter until soft and suculent.
- add the chopped tomatoes and puree and stir well, then add the stock cube, again stiring. it may help to use some water at this point.
- make sure the sauce is on the lowest heat and put a pan of water on the boil with some oil and salt and pepper. when it becomes a rolling boil add the pasta, stir once or twice throughout the cooking time (about 10 mins max) I don't like my pasta over cooked; as the Italians say 'Al Dente'.
- chop the basil roughly and stir into the sauce of of the heat for a minute or two as the pasta finishes. drain the pasta and stir into the sauce. season to taste.
- finally enjoy it!
- p.s. you may want to grate Parmesan cheese on top before serving, but go a bit low on the salt as the cheese can have a slightly salty taste
People Who Like This Dish 1
- cookingguyFTW Leicester, England
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The CookcookingguyFTW Leicester, England
- Not added to any groups yet!