Jewish Apple CakeFrom keeperrox 8 years ago
- 10-12 apples of various types, peeled, cored, and sliced thinly shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 3 tbsp cinnamon shopping list
- 3 cups flour shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups sugar shopping list
- 3 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 1/2 cup orange juice shopping list
- 2 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- After peeling, coring, and slicing the apples, combine them in a bowl with sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Combine remaining ingredients and with handheld mixer, blend well until batter is smooth.
- In a greased tube pan, spread a thin layer of batter on the bottom. Use as little as possible, but make sure the bottom of pan is completely covered with about 1/4 inch of batter.
- Cover batter with 1/3 of the apples.
- Repeat until you have 3 layers of battter and 3 layers of apples, ending with apples on the top. The layering is time consuming, but is well worth it. When layering batter on top of apples, add small dabs around the pan and carefully spread out. Use more apples than you think you'll need. You SHOULD NOT have any apples left over when you finish.
- Bake for 90 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow pan to cool on rack.
The Cookkeeperrox West Lawn, PA
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!