Thanksgiving Lentil StewFrom otterpond 3 years ago
- 1 1/2 cups lentils (red) shopping list
- 4 cups Homemade turkey stock shopping list
- 1 cup Organic apple cider shopping list
- 15 oz canned tomatoes, Diced shopping list
- 2 medium stalks celery shopping list
- 1/2 cup red onion shopping list
- 2 Whole carrots shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic Clove shopping list
- 1 average potato shopping list
- 2 cups turkey, roasted shopping list
- 1 tsp dried sage shopping list
- 1 tsp thyme, Dried shopping list
- 1 tsp marjoram, Dried shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp pepper, Black shopping list
How to make it
- Soak the dried lentils in hot water for a couple of hours to soften them up.
- To compliment the size of the lentils small dice the celery, carrots and potato. Mince the garlic and onion. Chop the turkey meat.
- Pour all of the ingredients into a crockpot, including UNDRAINED tomatoes and cook on the high setting for 4 hours or the low setting for 8 hours (whatever fits your time table).
- Nutrition Info: http://www.livestrong.com/recipes/thanksgiving-lentil-stew/
The Cookotterpond Orlando, FL
- Not added to any groups yet!