Pepper-Spice CakeFrom jo_jo_ba 7 years ago
- ½ c shortening shopping list
- ¼ c apple butter shopping list
- ¾ c packed dark brown sugar shopping list
- ¾ c white sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla shopping list
- 1 ¼ c cake flour shopping list
- 1 c whole-wheat flour shopping list
- 1 tsp baking powder shopping list
- ¾ tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 1 tsp ground cloves shopping list
- ½ tsp nutmeg shopping list
- ¼ tsp black pepper shopping list
- 1 cup buttermilk shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease and flour three 9” round pans.
- Cream shortening, apple butter, and sugars.
- Add eggs, one at a time. Beat in vanilla and mix very well.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Add alternately with buttermilk to creamed mixture.
- Pour into pans, spreading out to create a slight depression in the middle of each.
- Bang pans sharply on countertop.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until tests done.
- Cool in tins 10 minutes, invert onto racks and cool completely.
- Fill between layers with apple, plum or blackberry jam, drizzle top with caramel sauce.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
The Rating1 people
looks deliciousjimmytan in KL loved it