Golden Vanilla PuddingFrom jo_jo_ba 8 years ago
- 3 egg yolks shopping list
- 2 cups whole milk shopping list
- 1/3 cup superfine sugar shopping list
- 2 tbsp corn starch shopping list
- pinch salt shopping list
- 2 tbsp butter (no substitutes) shopping list
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla (clear if you have it) shopping list
- 2 drops yellow food colour (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Whisk egg yolks with 1/4-cup of the milk to help them strain through a fine-mesh strainer to get any bits of egg white protein.
- Mix this strained egg mixture into the remaining milk in a sauce pan.
- Add the sugar, cornstarch and salt.
- Cook, whisking constantly, over medium heat until it comes to a simmer.
- Whisk in the butter, vanilla and food colour just until the butter is completely incorporated. Immediately pour into four dessert cups.
- Cover with plastic wrap so that it’s touching the surface of the pudding.
- Cool in a refrigerator until well chilled.
People Who Like This Dish 20
- phwriter11 MNL, Stockholm
- Good4U Perth, Canada
- paraschosnikoalex Laval, CA
- RavenWhite Bowling Green, Kentucky
- debntim Outer Banks, NC
- carol_noe McAllen, TX
- joyceat123 San Diego, CA
- 3gdogs Nowhere, Us
- nehawedadabdullah Bangladesh, Dhaka
- notyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
- Plus 10 othersFrom around the world!