Dijon Beef StewFrom gkwillow 3 years ago
- 2 pounds cubed beef stew meat shopping list
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour (seasoned with garlic powder, salt, and pepper to taste) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- splash of red wine shopping list
- 1(14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained shopping list
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth shopping list
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce shopping list
- 4 carrots, chopped (I used baby carrots, just guessing at the equivalent amount) shopping list
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped (I used baby Yukon Golds, so just guessed at the amount) shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme shopping list
- 2 tablespoons Dijon-style prepared mustard shopping list
How to make it
- Combine meat and seasoned flour in a large plastic bag and shake to coat evenly.
- In a large saucepan or dutch oven brown meat. Deglaze the pan with a splash of red wine.
- Add diced tomatoes, beef broth, tomato sauce and thyme. Bring to boil; reduce heat to medium-low, cover; and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add carrots and potato, bring to a boil again, and continue simmering on low heat for approximately 1 1/2 hour or until meat is very tender.
- Blend in mustard. Adjust seasoning with additional salt and pepper.
The Cookgkwillow City, State
- Not added to any groups yet!