Meringue Roll With Cream Cheese FillingFrom sugarmama 3 years ago
- MERINGUE: shopping list
- 7 large egg whites shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch shopping list
- cream cheese FILLING: shopping list
- 1 bar of cream cheese (225 grams), softened shopping list
- 3 1/2 Tablespoons granulated white sugar or depending on how shopping list
- sweet you want it shopping list
- 1/2 cup whipping cream, whipped until forms peak shopping list
- 1/2 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1/4 cup white chocolate pieces or chips, finely chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup milk chocolate pieces or chips, finely chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly brush a 12" x 16" x 1" sheet pan with vegetable oil then line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Pour egg whites, cream of tartar and cornstarch in a mixing bowl with wire whip attachment. Mix for 30 seconds at low speed to blend ingredients.
- Switch mixer to high speed and beat egg whites. Gradually add the sugar in a steady stream and continue beeating for 4 minutes, or until medium peaks are formed.
- Pour meringue onto the prepared sheet pan and spread evenly. with a decorator's comb, level off the meringue, to create a wavy design.
- Bake the meringue in the center of the oven for 28 to 30 minutes.
- Once the meringue is baked, remove from pan and transfer immediately over a piece of cheesecloth or foil that has been dusted generously with confectioner's sugar. Ensure that the portion of the meringue with the wavy design lies on the cheesecloth or foil.
- Spread filling onto the bottom half of the meringue and roll the meringue. Arrange it on a plate if serving immediately or wrap with foil & store in the refrigerator until ready to be served. Store leftovers if there are any in the refrigerator.
- CREAM CHEESE FILLING:
- In a large mixing bowl, using electric mixer, beat the cream cheese until light & fluffy . Add the sugar, whipped cream & the sour cream. Continue to beat until smooth. Spread mixture on meringue. Generously sprinkle white chocolate & milk chocolate pieces on it then roll meringue in a jelly roll fashion.
The Cooksugarmama Chicago, IL
- Not added to any groups yet!