The Best Homemade Sweet And Sour Chicken You'll Ever Have!!From canesgirl1186 1 year ago
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups corn starch shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- salt/pepper to taste shopping list
- 3/4 cups sugar shopping list
- 4 tbsp ketchup shopping list
- 1/2 cup white vinegar shopping list
- 1 tbsp soy sauce shopping list
- 1 tbsp garlic powder shopping list
- 1 tbsp duck sauce shopping list
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees...
- Make the sweet and sour sauce:
- Whisk sugar, ketchup, vinegar, garlic powder, soy sauce, duck sauce, and red pepper until completely combined and set aside.
- Cube chicken breasts and season with salt and pepper. Beat eggs in separate dish, season lightly with salt and pepper. Heat a large skillet with oil to medium heat. Dredge chicken in corn starch and dip in eggs. Place chicken in skillet and cook until browned, but not cooked thoroughly.
- Grease a 9 by 13 (or whatever you have on hand) pan and add chicken after browning into pan. Once all pieces of chicken are browned, top with sweet and sour sauce ensuring all chicken is covered with sauce. Place pan in oven and every 15-20 minutes remove from oven and stir to ensure even coverage. Repeat this process 3 to 4 times (cook no longer than an hour and 20 minutes). Serve over rice and Asian veggies.
- I guarantee you will never order sweet and sour chicken from your Chinese restaurant ever again.
The Cookcanesgirl1186 Kendall West, FL
- Not added to any groups yet!