Shrimp with Lobster SauceFrom clewing 9 years ago
- • fresh shrimp, deveined and butterflied, 10 - 15 per person shopping list
- • 4 to 8 spring onion (green onions, scallions), chopped shopping list
- • 2 large garlic cloves, chopped or minced shopping list
- • 2 cups of chicken stock shopping list
- • 4 tablespoons of sweet white wine shopping list
- • 2 tablespoons soy sauce shopping list
- • 2 teaspoons sugar shopping list
- • Handful of sliced mushrooms shopping list
- • Handful of snow peas shopping list
- • 2 1/2 tablespoons of cornstarch and 1/2 cup of water shopping list
- • 4 egg whites, beaten with 1/4 cup of water shopping list
- • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil for stir-frying shopping list
How to make it
- Rinse the shrimp in warm water and pat dry.
- Rinse the spring onions, drain and chop. Put garlic through garlic press. .
- Combine the chicken stock, white wine, soy sauce, and sugar and set aside.
- In a small bowl, dissolve the cornstarch into 1/2 cup water.
- Whisk the egg whites into 1/4 cup water and set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a wok, large pot, or frying pan or skillet on medium high to high heat. Stir fry the garlic and spring onions for about 30 seconds to a minute, taking care not to burn the garlic.
- Add the shrimp and stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth mixture, bring to a boil and boil about 1 minute.
- Add the mushrooms and snow peas and simmer about 5 minutes.
- Re-stir the cornstarch and water mixture and stir it into broth.
- Immediately afterward, slowly pour in the egg whites, breaking them up by gently stirring them with a fork (recommend stirring them twice across and then twice across again in a tic tack toe pattern). Be careful not to overstir the egg whites.
- The dish is ready when the sauce begins to boil and thicken.
- Cooks Notes: Leftovers can be microwaved the next day. When it marinates overnight it tastes twice as good!
The Cookclewing Lawton, OK
The Rating1 people
It tasted like it was truly Chinese. I love this dish when they fix it, now I have a recipe that tastes identical...you hit the nail right on the head...Way To Go!!! This simply is a must have recipe.browneyes9050 in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!