Szechuan Orange Chicken Fried RiceFrom sm8085 5 years ago
- 1 ½ cups orange juice shopping list
- ½ cup sugar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger shopping list
- 1 ½ tsp minced garlic shopping list
- ½ tsp hot chili flakes shopping list
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast cut into ½ inch chunks shopping list
- 4 cups cold cooked rice(break up lumps and crumble with your fingers) shopping list
- vegetable oil shopping list
- ¼ cup thinly sliced spring onions (reserve some for garnishing) shopping list
- 3 tbsp soy sauce shopping list
How to make it
- To make Orange Sauce, mix all sauce ingredients in a nonstick skillet over high heat.
- Bring to boil and boil until reduced to 1 cup, about 10 minutes.Stir often to prevent burning.
- Heat oil in a wok or a skillet. Add chicken and stir-fry until lightly browned and cooked through for about 4-5 minutes.
- Add Orange Sauce and stir until it comes to a boil for about 1-2 minutes.
- Mix in the rice, soy sauce and spring onions for another couple of minutes.
- Garnish with more spring onions.
- Serve hot!