Whole Wheat Buttermilk Blueberry PancakesFrom luisascatering 4 years ago
- 1/2 cup all-purpose unbleached flour shopping list
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour shopping list
- 2 tablespoons toasted oat bran shopping list
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt shopping list
- 1 cup bulgarian buttermilk shopping list
- 1 large organic egg shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1 cup fresh blueberries shopping list
- unsalted butter, for greasing pan/griddle, about 1-2 tablespoons shopping list
How to make it
- In a large bowl whisk together all the dry ingredients. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the buttermilk, eggs and olive oil. Add the wet ingredients to the dry, and mix until just combined. Do not over-mix the batter, which will have small lumps. Allow the batter to rest at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Heat your griddle or nonstick skillet over medium heat and lightly grease with butter. Wipe the griddle with a thick wad of paper towel.
- Use 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake. Once the batter is on the griddle sprinkle blueberries on top and gently press them into the batter with your fingers. Cook about 2 minutes, or until bubbles begin to form on the surface and the underside of the pancake is golden (you can check with your spatula by gently lifting an edge). Flip and cook for about 1-2 minutes on the other side.
- Serve immediately, or if you are making pancakes for more than one person keep the pancakes warm by placing them on a baking sheet in an oven heated to 200 degrees F.
- Serve with warm maple syrup
The Cookluisascatering San Carlos, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!