Paladin’s Tossed Green SaladFrom elgourmand 4 years ago
- • Some olive oil. shopping list
- • A whole lot less wine vinegar. shopping list
- • A pinch of italian seasoning. shopping list
- • A wee dollop of Dijon mustard. shopping list
- • Other spices and such as you think you need. shopping list
- • 1 medium vine ripened tomato, cut into small wedges. shopping list
- • 1 medium bell pepper, cut into thin strips. shopping list
- • 1 small onion, cut into rounds. shopping list
- • Other sundry and wonderful greens, like watercress, blanched asparagus or mushrooms. shopping list
- Okay, mushrooms are not a green. So, shoot me. shopping list
- • A medium head of loose leaf lettuce. Any lettuce will do, even “iceberg”, but I like the extra green component and flavour of a loose leaf lettuce. Plus, that’s what grows in my garden. shopping list
- • A pinch of salt. shopping list
- • salt & fresh ground pepper to taste. shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Depending on how much salad you are making, mix the oil & vinegar, the pinch of salt, Dijon mustard & Italian seasoning and other spices, really, really good.
- 2. Prep all the hard things, like the tomatoes, onions, etc.
- 3. Put the prepped hard things in the dressing and stir a bit.
- 4. Wait 5 minutes and stir again.
- 5. Do this four or five time.
- 6. Do this as long as you like.
- 7. Add the lettuce, toss and serve.
- 8. Salt & FG pepper to taste.
- Okay, the tomatoes, onions, etc will not be crisp & pristine. If appearance is more important than flavour, you do not want to do this. If, on the other hand, you want the max flavour and ain’t much worried about “presentation” this does let the flavours develop. Your choice, your salad.