Sausage Stuffed Green PeppersFrom superdupper 6 years ago
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 lb Sweet Italian pork sausage, casing removed shopping list
- 1 medium onion shopping list
- 1 tsp. dried oregano leaves, crushed shopping list
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese shopping list
- 4 medium bell peppers, seeded and cut in half lengthwise shopping list
- 2 cups pasta sauce shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Heat oil in medium skillet over medium-high heat, cook sausage until browned, stirring to separate meat. Add onion and oregano and cook until tender. Pour off fat. Stir in cheese.
- 2. Arrange peppers in 3 qt shallow baking dish or roasting pan. Spoon sausage mixture into peppers. Pour pasta over peppers. (I usually add extra cheese on top). Cover.
- 3. Bake at 400 for 40 minutes or until peppers are tender.
The Cooksuperdupper North Haven, ME
The Rating2 people
I will have to use my Anaheim peppers for your wonderful Sausage Stuffed Green Peppers
High Fivetrigger in loved it
This was so delicious. We just got done stuffing our faces with your sausage stuffed green peppers, they were so simple. I was a little worried about not par broiling the green peppers and I didn't have enough aluminum foil to completely cover them...moreknwalter in Paulsboro loved it
You can look to see how long ago I tried this recipe and my husband and I loved it so much!! I forgot to rate it and I'm featuring it in my menu for my group this week, so that's why I'm just now rating it.....a "5", of course!! Thanks!! ...moreknwalter in Paulsboro loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!