Custard TartFrom gourmetana 4 years ago
How to make it
- Place sugar and water in small pan. Heat over low heat stirring occasionally, for 2 or 3 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Pour into a heatproof bowl. Place in the fridge for 15 minutes to cool.
- Place cornflour and 1 tbs of milk in bowl, and stir until a smooth paste forms. Place sugar syrup, cornflour paste, remaining milk, egg yolks and vanilla essence in heavy-based saucepan. Use a whisk to whisk until well combined. Cook over medium-low heat, uncovered, stirring constantly with wooden spoon, for 5 or 6 minutes or until custard thickens and coats back of spoon. Pour into heatproof bowl, cover with non-stick baking paper. Place in fridge for 50 minutes to cool completely.
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Line a spring-form pan with the puff pastry.
- Pour the custard on the pan and trim the pastry edges.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the pastry turns golden brown.
- Serve warm with a scoop of ice-cream (Yum!) or let it cool, place in the fridge and serve cold.
People Who Like This Dish 16
- slugboy123 River Oaks, U.s.a
- optimistic1_2 Guelph, CA
- ariadnebarzane Phoenix, AZ
- glbaskin Nowhere, Us
- christinem Worcester, MA
- refugeesrecipelisting Global, CA
- ttaaccoo Buffalo, NY
- CrispiesAlNatural La Plata, Argenitna
- Olivemoose Nowhere, Us
- clbacon Birmingham, AL
- Plus 6 othersFrom around the world!