Individual White Cheddar Chicken Apple Sausage QuichesFrom luisascatering 2 years ago
- chive dough: shopping list
- 1 cup unbleached all purpose flour shopping list
- 6 tablespoons cold, unsalted butter, cut into 1/2 inch pieces shopping list
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp granulated sugar shopping list
- about 3-4 tablespoons ice water shopping list
- filling: shopping list
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter shopping list
- 1/2 a medium onion, minced shopping list
- 4 links apple chicken sausage, chopped (I remove the casings) shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes packed in oil, drained, julienne cut shopping list
- 2 cups fresh, organic spinach shopping list
- 2 tablespoons of fresh basil chopped shopping list
- 4 organic eggs shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups half and half shopping list
- freshly grated nutmeg, kosher salt and white pepper, to taste shopping list
- 8 oz. sharp white cheddar (I used Cabot) shopping list
- Equipment: shopping list
- 4 pot pie pans shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute onion and sausage together until onions are translucent (5-7 minutes). Add garlic and tomatoes then sauté 1 minute more. Then add herbs and spinach then saute 1 minute more.
- In a small bowl, whisk together eggs and half and half. Add seasonings.
- Spread 1/4 cup shredded cheese in the bottom of each pie crust. Layer the sausage mixture in each quiche over cheese See Photo. Cover with egg mixture in each quiche (you might have some leftover before it overflows) See Photo
- Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until filling has "poofed" and is golden brown.