Grilled Prosciutto And Asparagus PizzaFrom keni 3 years ago
- 2 1lb portions of raw pizza dough(homemade or purchased) shopping list
- 1/2 cup plus 1T cup quality olive oil, divided shopping list
- 1 lime shopping list
- about 3T fresh oregano leaves shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1lb thin, fresh asparagus spears(only the upper 1/3 portions), snapped into 1 inch pieces shopping list
- 6-8oz prosciutto, cut into about 1 inch pieces shopping list
- 1 onion, cut in half, then sliced thin shopping list
- 2 medium tomatoes sliced thin shopping list
- 8oz fresh mushrooms, sliced thin shopping list
- 6oz herb flavored goat cheese shopping list
- about 1 cup freshly grated havarti, gouda or Fontina cheese shopping list
- kosher or sea salt and fresh ground pepper shopping list
How to make it
- On a lightly floured surface, roll each dough portion out into a rectangle. Keep it rustic, don't worry about it being perfect. :)
- Set aside on a lightly sprayed surface.
- Toss asparagus tips with 1T olive oil the juice from the lime and a lil salt and pepper. Set aside
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, garlic, oregano and a lil salt and pepper and set aside.
- Over medium high heat coals, grill asparagus in a grill basket or cast iron pan(this is what I use when I'm doing them so small they'll fall through the grates :) for about 7 minutes, until tender. Set aside but keep warm.
- Place dough on grill(some people use a baking sheet, etc, to help transfer, but a pizza peel works best :) close lid and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Carefully flip dough over onto your peel or sheet so that you can build your pizzas off the fire.
- Brush uncooked side of dough with the olive oil mixture.
- Add sliced tomatoes, onions and mushrooms.
- Add asparagus tips and prosciutto.
- Crumble goat cheese over the top and finally, the shredded Havarti.
- Put back on the grill, close lid and cook about another 2 minutes or so. Crust should be crisp and browned and cheeses should be melted and bubbly.
- Cut into pieces and serve immediately.