Cinnamon Rolls With Cream Cheese FrostingFrom gourmetana 1 year ago
- 3/4 cup whole milk, warmed (110 degrees) shopping list
- 1 envelope (2 1/4 teaspoon) instant or rapid-rise yeast shopping list
- 3 large eggs, room temperature shopping list
- 4 1/4 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup cornstarch shopping list
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 12 Tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into 12 pieces and softened to room temperature shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups packed light brown sugar shopping list
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter, softened shopping list
- 8 oz cream cheese shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 3 cups confectioner's sugar shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon milk shopping list
- **To make frosting, mix all ingredients until smooth** shopping list
How to make it
- Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 200 degrees F. When the oven reaches 200 degrees, turn off.
- Line a 13-by-9-inch baking pan with foil, allowing excess foil to hang over pan edges. Grease foil and a medium bowl.
- Whisk milk and yeast in measuring cup until yeast dissolves, then whisk in eggs.
- In the bowl of stand mixer fitted with a dough hook, mix flour, cornstarch, sugar, and salt until combined.
- With mixer on low, add warm milk mixture in steady stream and mix until dough comes together, about 1 minute.
- Increase speed to medium, and add butter, one piece at a time, until incorporated. Continue to mix until dough is smooth and comes away from the sides of the bowl, about 10 minutes.
- Turn dough out onto clean surface and knead to form a smooth, round ball.
- Transfer dough to prepared bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and place in warm oven. Let rise until doubled in size, about 2 hours.
- Combine brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt in small bowl.
- Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface. Roll dough into 18-inch square, spread with butter, and sprinkle evenly with the filling.
- Starting with the edge nearest you, roll dough into tight cylinder, pinch to seal seam, and cut into 8 even rolls.
- Transfer rolls, cut-side up, to prepared pan. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise in warm spot until doubled in size.
- After rolls are done rising, heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Discard plastic wrap and bake rolls until deep golden brown and filling is melted, 35 to 40 minutes.
- While rolls are baking, make the frosting.
- When cinnamon rolls are done baking, transfer pan to a wire rack and cool 30 minutes.
- Using the excess foil overhang, lift rolls from pan and frost with cream cheese frosting before serving.