Sour Cream Nut Cookies with Burnt Butter IcingFrom notyourmomma 9 years ago
- 2/3 cup of unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 1/3 cup of sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 3 1/3 cup of flour shopping list
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda shopping list
- 1 teaspoon of salt shopping list
- 1 cup of dairy sour cream shopping list
- 1 cup of finely chopped (fresh) pecans shopping list
- Icing: shopping list
- 8 tablespoons of butter shopping list
- 2 cups of sifted confectioner's sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla shopping list
- 2 - 4 Tablespoons of boiling water shopping list
How to make it
- Beat together butter, sugar and eggs thrououghly.
- Stir dry ingredients and add alternately with sour cream.
- Stir in nuts.
- Drop by teaspoon two inches apart on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees about 8 minutes.
- Melt butter and let cook until golden brown. Blend in conf. sugar and vanilla off heat. Stir in some boiling water. Icing will be thin.
- If it thickens while cooling, add a little more boiling water. Keep warm and spread over cooled cookies.
The Cooknotyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
The Rating2 people
Your recipe sounds really intriguing! I can't wait to taste these. Thanks for posting a new recipe. These sound so good! Thanks and Happy Holidays!annieamie in Los Angeles loved it