Baked Caramel Cappuccino DonutsFrom jo_jo_ba 2 years ago
- 1 1/2 cups flour shopping list
- 1 cup spelt flour shopping list
- 1/4 cup instant mashed potato flakes shopping list
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed shopping list
- 1 tsp instant yeast shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups warm almond milk shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla shopping list
- 3 tbsp melted vegan "butter" (like Earth Balance or Becel Vegan) shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 recipe Caramel Cappuccino Custard shopping list
- 1 cup sifted powdered sugar shopping list
- 2 tsp vodka shopping list
- 2 tsp clear corn syrup shopping list
- 5 tbsp caramel-sauce.html">Vegan Caramel Sauce shopping list
How to make it
- In a large bowl (I don't recommend a stand mixer for this) whisk together the flours, potato flakes, flaxseed, yeast and sugar.
- Add the almond milk, vanilla, melted vegan butter and salt and mix well until the dough resembles a very thick batter.
- Cover and let rest 45 minutes.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment.
- Flour a countertop *very* well and scrape the dough onto it. It will spread out by itself since it's still very soft.
- Gently pat the dough out to about 1" thickness and using a floured round cutter cut out as many circles as you can (I got 10). Gather the scraps together and cut into pieces, you won't be able to fill them but they make good "donut holes". Place on lined sheets.
- Cover and let rest 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 430°F. Bake, 1 sheet at a time, for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the sheets immediately and cool on a wire rack.
- Once donuts have cooled, fill a piping bag fitted with a Bismarck tip (like Wilton or Ateco #230) with the cooled Caramel Cappuccino Custard
- Fill the donuts with even amounts of custard. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together sugar and vodka until smooth.
- Whisk in corn syrup until icing is smooth and glossy.
- Dip tops of filled donuts and allow glaze to set firm, then drizzle each with 1/2 tbsp of Vegan Caramel Sauce (reheat it if necessary).
- Let set and serve.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!