Fresh Strawberry Baked Mini Donuts With Strawberry-lime GlazeFrom akitchenaddiction 3 years ago
For the Donuts
- 1 C whole wheat flour shopping list
- 1 C unbleached all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/3 C granulated sugar substitute or sugar shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 3/4 C non-fat buttermilk shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1/4 C honey shopping list
- 2 tbsp butter, melted shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- 2/3 C strawberries, mashed with fork shopping list
For the glaze
- 2 large strawberries shopping list
- about 1 C confectioner's sugar shopping list
- 1/4 tsp fresh lime juice shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375. Spray donut pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine flours, sugar substitute, and baking powder. In a small bowl, mix together the buttermilk, eggs, honey, butter, and vanilla. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until well-combined. Stir in mashed strawberries.
- Spoon batter into a pastry bag or a ziplock bag with the corner snipped. Pipe batter into pan. Fill about 2/3 full (though it's hard to tell using a mini donut pan!).
- Bake for 5-7 minutes or until donuts start to turn light golden brown.
- Allow to cool for a couple of minutes in the pan before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- While the donuts are cooling, prepare the glaze.
- In a small bowl, beat the strawberries with a hand mixer until well mashed. Add the confectioner's sugar and lime juice. Beat until smooth.
- Dip cooled donuts in glaze and allow to harden. Or snitch some and allow the rest to harden. :)
- Store left-over glazed donuts in the refrigerator, if there are any left!
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookakitchenaddiction Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Not added to any groups yet!