Hush - Hush Kid Friendly LasagnaFrom jo_jo_ba 3 years ago
- 1/4 large sweet onion shopping list
- 1 large zucchini shopping list
- 1 large red bell pepper shopping list
- 1 large carrot shopping list
- 1 tsp olive oil shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups no-salt-added plain tomato sauce shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 1 tbsp ketchup shopping list
- 2 tbsp vegan parmesan cheese (or low-fat regular parmesan cheese) shopping list
- pinch dried basil shopping list
- pinch sea salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice shopping list
- 1 cup 1% cottage cheese shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 8 "Smart" or white whole wheat lasagne noodles, cooked, drained and cut into thirds shopping list
- 150 g low fat mozzarella cheese shopping list
How to make it
- In a food processor, finely grate the onion, zucchini, pepper and carrot.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat and add the shredded vegetables.
- Cook, stirring often, for 5-6 minutes, until the vegetables begin to soften.
- Pour in the tomato sauce and water, then add the ketchup, parmesan, basil and salt. See Photo
- Reduce heat, partially cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 40 minutes. The vegetables should be extremely soft.
- Transfer mixture to the food processor (no need to clean), add the lemon juice, and puree until smooth See Photo. Set aside.
- In a bowl beat together the cottage cheese and the egg until well combined.
- Preheat the oven to 375F and grease 6 individual casseroles. (alternatively you can use a 9x5 loaf pan)
- Place layers of sauce, noodles, cottage cheese, sauce, mozzarella, noodles, sauce, etc in each vessel, finishing with a sprinkle of mozzarella. See Photo
- Place vessels on a baking sheet and cover with foil.
- Bake, covered, for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake a further 10-15 minutes, until browned and bubbly.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.