Dak Bulgogi (korean Bbq Chicken)From oliviajasonkim 1 year ago
- •2 lbs chicken thighs, deboned & cut into single flat pieces shopping list
- •1/2 cup soy sauce shopping list
- •1 tbsp brown sugar shopping list
- •1/2 apple or pear shopping list
- •3 garlic cloves shopping list
- •1 tsp ginger shopping list
- •1 tsp sesame oil shopping list
- •1 tsp gochugaru (Korean red pepper flakes) shopping list
- •1 tsp sesame seeds (garnish) shopping list
- •scallion fine strips (garnish) shopping list
- •1 bunch Boston bibb lettuce shopping list
How to make it
- 1.Peel off thigh skins by hand (if you're strong enough) or with paring knife. Trim off excess fat. Cut into one single "steak" piece working around the bone. Save smaller pieces for cooking as well. Rinse thighs under cold water while removing outer film and slime. Set aside in a large mixing bowl.
- 2.Pulse the marinade ingredients in a food processor until smooth.
- 3.Coat the chicken pieces with the marinade. Marinate overnight in the refrigerator or a minimum of 6~12 hours. With a skewer or toothpick, piercing the thighs for extra marinade absorption is optional.
- 4.Preheat a skillet or non stick pan over medium heat. Add the chicken thighs and cook for about 15~ 20 minutes or until cooked through. To ensure fully cooked thighs, use a meat thermometer and check for a reading of 165-170°F.
- 5.Transfer to a serving plate and garnish with scallion strips. Enjoy!@
- *If there is extra marinade sauce, adding near the end of cooking will give the thighs extra flavor. Do not add until the very end otherwise it will burn/char the thighs because of the sugars in the marinade.
The Cookoliviajasonkim Madison, Wisconsin
- Not added to any groups yet!