Bacon And Mushroom Farfalle BakeFrom gourmetana 3 years ago
- 1 pound farfalle shopping list
- 1 cup cubed bacon shopping list
- 3 cups diced mushrooms shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 large onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 tsp olive oil shopping list
- 2 tbsp butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or beer shopping list
- 1 and 1/2 cups double cream shopping list
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated shopping list
How to make it
- Bring water to the boil in a large pot. Salt the water well and throw in the pasta. Cook the pasta for 7 to 9 minutes (see package instructions).
- Meanwhile sauté the bacon in 1 tsp olive oil. Transfer the bacon to a paper towel and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Sauté the onions in butter. Add the garlic and mushrooms. Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the wine and let the sauce reduce for 15 minutes over low heat.
- Add the bacon and cream. Reserve.
- Drain the pasta and put it back to the pan. Save some pasta water, you might need it for later.
- Add the bacon and mushroom cream to the pasta and combine well. If you find it too dry add some milk, use your judgement. I often do add milk at this point or some of the pasta water.
- Place the pasta in a baking dish and distribute the cheese over it.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until golden brown.