Indian SamosasFrom luisascatering 2 years ago
- Filling shopping list
- 6 yukon gold potatoes, peeled, cubed and boiled until tender, drained shopping list
- 1 cup frozen petite peas shopping list
- 4 tablespoons coconut (or canola) oil shopping list
- 1 onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 1-2 thai chilies, very finely chopped shopping list
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger, grated shopping list
- I large clove garlic, crushed and minced shopping list
- 1 tsp nigella seeds (also called black onion seeds) shopping list
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped shopping list
- fresh lemon juice, to taste shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric shopping list
- curry powder, to taste shopping list
- sea salt, to taste shopping list
- ~ shopping list
- 1 package thick wonton wrapper (available in asian markets - mine sells thin, medium and thick) shopping list
- canola oil, for frying shopping list
- ~ shopping list
- mint chutney and/or mango chutney, for dipping shopping list
How to make it
- Place hot cooked potatoes and peas in a large bowl (the heat from the potatoes will defrost the peas.
- Heat 4 tbsp oil. Add ginger, garlic, chillies and nigella seeds.
- Stir fry for 1 minute, add onions and saute until tender. Add curry and tumeric. Add this mixture to the potatoes, slightly smooshing the potatoes as you combine. Add cilantro, lemon juice and salt. Taste and adjust seasonings if needed. Set aside and allow to slightly cool.
- Prepare work surface for filling the wonton wrappers. Place about a tablespoon of the filling on one side of the square wonton. Moisten one edge with water. Fold over filling and press firmly to seal.
- Heat oil to 350-375 F degrees. Deep fry the samosas until light brown.
- Serve with chutneys.