Tortellini Summer SaladFrom krumkake 2 years ago
- 2 cups uncooked cheese tortellini, cooked as directed and cooled completely (I prefer Butoni Three cheese tortellini) shopping list
- 1 cup or more of your favorite Ceasar Dressing (I like Marie's, sold in the produce department) shopping list
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped shopping list
- 1 red pepper, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 onion, finely diced shopping list
- 1/2 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Cool the pasta completely after cooking, then pour over dressing and chopped peppers; mix all together.
- Sprinkle top generously with parmesan cheese and cover bowl - refrigerate.
- Just before serving, stir in the parmesan - serve over a bed of lettuce, if desired, or serve as is.
- You can mix up the veggies any way you want for this, and you can try other cheeses, though I love parmesan with the ceasar dressing.
- Try other dressing, too:
- Greek version - to the cooked tortellini, add
- 1 cup Greek dressing
- 1 de-seeded cucumber
- 3/4 cup diced, kalamata olives
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 20 halved cherub tomatoes
- 1 cup crumbled feta
- Italian version - to the cooked tortellini, add
- 1 cup Italian dressing
- 1 cup sliced pepperoni or genoa salami chunks
- 1/2 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh pecorino romano cheese, and some
- 1/2 sweet onion, diced
- American version - to cooked tortellini, add
- 1 cup Ranch dressing
- 1 cup blue cheese crembles
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- Try whatever sounds good to you!! I want to try a caprese version with balsamic dressing and fresh basil and tomato chunks and mozzarella and some onion and garlic. There's so many "options" to make so many different tastes - all of them easy!!
The Cookkrumkake Chicago Suburbs, IL
- Not added to any groups yet!