Medjool Dates Stuffed with Spiced MascarponeFrom luisascatering 2 years ago
- spice Mix: shopping list
- 2 teaspoons Chinese Five spice shopping list
- 2 teaspoons mild curry powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- pinch of ground cayenne shopping list
- ~ shopping list
- spiced Marscapone: shopping list
- 8 oz mascarpone cheese shopping list
- honey, to taste shopping list
- 1 tablespoon spice Mix shopping list
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream shopping list
- 2 pounds Medjool dates, halved and pitted shopping list
How to make it
- Spice Mix:
- In a small pan, toast the spices until fragrant.
- Spiced Marscapone:
- Combine the ingredients and beat the Mascarpone until it is slightly thickened and lightly peaked. Using a pastry bag (or you can cut one corner of a plastic sandwich bag), pipe the cheese into the halved and pitted dates. I garnished mine with honey roasted almonds.
- Note: the cheese mixture can be made up to two days ahead, but should not be piped into the dates until the day they will be served.