Bavarian DogsFrom keni 3 years ago
- 6 large Bavarian, German or Polish sausages shopping list
- About 1 cup sauerkraut, drained well. shopping list
- About 1/2 cup good quality German or Bavarian mustard(use thousand island dressing if you want these to be more Reuben like!) shopping list
- 6-8 slices of swiss cheese(or Provolone or Muenster) shopping list
- 6 pretzel Dough buns shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare pretzel rolls in advance, if making from scratch. You can use them warm or the next day. See Photo
- Grill sausages until just nearly bursting!
- Split rolls and layer in a slice of cheese(or, a lil extra, if once slice doesn't quite cover :)
- spread desired amount of mustard on one side of the cheese See Photo
- Place hot sausages in the bun(helps melt the cheese just a bit)
- Add a helping of sauerkraut to the top.
- Serve with dill pickles, of course! ;-)