Refrigerator PicklesFrom acemom 2 years ago
How to make it
- Make syrup ahead with vinegar and sugar. Put both into a small saucepan, heat and stir until sugar is dissolved. Set aside and let cool.
- Cut up the vegetables - in whatever form you want to eat them in. (Some of my kids like slices, others bigger chunks or wedges or strips.)
- Pour salt over the vegetables in a bowl and let stand for 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- After two hours, drain liquid from cucumber mixture and pour the syrup over the vegetables.
- Put into sealed container in the refrigerator. (You can keep adding cucumbers to your syrup as long as you store it properly in the fridge in a sealed container - I make one batch each summer, and toss the syrup it in the fall.) They are best after at least an hour or so of being chilled.
- NOTE: You can use less cucumbers to start, or you may need to make a bit more syrup, depending on how you cut the vegetables and what type of jar/container you use.
The Cookacemom Glenpool, OK
- Not added to any groups yet!