Grilled Cilantro-lime Shrimp With Spicy Hass Avocado PureepostedFrom twill10 3 years ago
- Grilled cilantro-Lime shrimp with Spicy hass avocado Puree shopping list
- Posted by Hispanic Kitchen shopping list
- http://www.hispanickitchen.com/profiles/blogs/grilled-cilantro-lime-shrimp-with-spicy-hass-avocado-puree shopping list
- This grilled shrimp recipe pairs tangy cilantro lime shrimp grilled for a light smoky flavor and cool and spicy avocado puree dip for an appetizer with a chic flair. shopping list
- Yields 8 servings shopping list
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 2 limes, juiced and zested shopping list
- ½ cup roughly chopped fresh cilantro shopping list
- 1 tsp. ground cumin shopping list
- 4 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 2 lbs. large shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails intact shopping list
- Spicy hass avocado Puree (see make-ahead recipe below) shopping list
- Fresh sprigs cilantro, for garnish shopping list
- Spicy hass avocado Puree shopping list
- 3 ripe, Fresh hass avocados, peeled, seeded and scooped out shopping list
- 3 Tbsp. fresh lime juice shopping list
- ¾ cup sour cream shopping list
- 1 green jalapeño, seeded and chopped shopping list
- salt, to taste shopping list
How to make it
- 1. In a large mixing bowl, combine the lime juice and zest, cilantro, cumin and oil and whisk well.
- 2. Add the shrimp and toss to coat. Do not marinate shrimp longer than 5 minutes or the lime juice will begin cooking the shrimp.
- 3. Preheat a barbecue or grill pan to medium-high heat.
- 4. Season the shrimp with salt and pepper to taste and grill for 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until lightly charred and cooked through, making sure not to overcook the shrimp.
- 5. Remove the cooked shrimp from the grill and place on a serving platter, with a small serving bowl of the Spicy Hass Avocado Puree. Garnish the shrimp with fresh sprigs of cilantro and serve.
- Spicy Hass Avocado Puree
- 1. Add the avocado, lime juice, sour cream and jalapeño to a blender and puree until smooth, scraping the sides of the blender as needed.
- 2. Season puree with salt to taste.
- 3. Place in a covered airtight container and refrigerate until serving.
- Note: Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
- Photo & recipe are copyright & courtesy of the Hass Avocado Board
- Save this recipe to your HK profile by clicking on the Favorite button below!
The Cooktwill10 Cape Girardeau, MO
- Not added to any groups yet!