Raspberry Tart With Lemon CreamFrom hollyeats 1 year ago
- Crust: Scant 2 cups fine flour shopping list
- 2 TBS fine sugar shopping list
- 3/4 cup + 1 TBS cold butter (no substitutes!) cut into small chunks shopping list
- Dash salt shopping list
- Filling: 1 pkg cream cheese, at room temperature shopping list
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar (or more to taste) shopping list
- juice and zest of 1/2 lemon shopping list
- 2 TBS heavy cream shopping list
- Topping: 2 cups ripe raspberries shopping list
- 1/2 cup seedless red currant or seedless raspberry jelly shopping list
- 1 TBS water shopping list
How to make it
- For Crust:
- Preheat oven to 400°F/200°C.
- Mix flour, sugar and salt together in a small bowl.
- Cut the butter in until particles are very fine and mixture sticks together when squeezed with hands, but falls apart easily.
- Form into a ball and chill in fridge for 20 minutes.
- Remove and crumble, then pat firmly into bottom and up sides of a 12" removeable-bottom tart tin.
- Prick all over deeply with a fork.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes (watch closely) or until golden but not dark brown.
- Remove and cool while making filling.
- Beat together all ingredients until smooth and creamy.
- Spread filling into cooled crust and chill until filling is firm, up to 1/2 hour.
- Place washed and dried raspberries onto cream in a pleasing concentric pattern, stem part down.
- Warm jelly with water in microwave until melted but not really hot, stir well.
- Wait until jelly is lukewarm, stir again, then spoon it evenly over berries and chill tart again until removing sides of tart tin and serving.
- You can serve it with whipped cream but that may be overkill-- I find it refreshing just as is!