Buttermilk French Toast With Homemade Cinnamon - Raisin BreadFrom jo_jo_ba 4 years ago
- 4 thick slices whole grain cinnamon raisin bread (something like cinnamon---swirl-bread.html">Sisters Sweet Cinnamon Swirl Bread or my 12 Grain Raisin Bread With Double Cinnamon Swirl is ideal) 12 Grain Raisin Bread With Double Cinnamon Swirl">shopping list
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/2 - 1 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 1 tbsp brown sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup low-fat buttermilk (or 2 tbsp low-fat plain yogurt + 3 tbsp 1% milk) shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 2 tbsp salted butter, for cooking shopping list
How to make it
- On the lowest setting of your toaster, toast the slices of bread until just slightly "blonde" in colour and dry on the surface. Set aside.
- In a shallow dish, whisk together the vanilla, cinnamon and brown sugar to evenly distribute the cinnamon.
- Add the buttermilk and eggs and whisk to combine.
- Place a large frying pan (we use non-stick but cast iron would be awesome) over medium heat and add 1 tbsp of the butter.
- Two slices at a time, dip the toasted bread into the egg mixture and allow them to soak about 30 seconds on each side.
- When the pan is hot, add the soaked slices and cook for 5 minutes per side.
- Repeat with remaining bread, egg mixture and butter.
- Serves three hungry kids, or one kid and one parent (NI based on 2 servings)
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
On A Budget559 members
Sweet Tooth446 members
Comfort Foods773 members
Cooking With Kids38 members
Cooking For One87 members
Whole Foods142 members
Original Recipes143 members
Fresh Food Cooking119 members
No Sugar Low Sugar Cooking94 members
Family Favourites134 members