Herbed Tomato ButterFrom hollyeats 4 years ago
- 250g (or 2 sticks + 2 TBS) cold unsalted butter shopping list
- Small bunch each: fresh parsley leaves, basil leaves, thyme leaves and chives (I do not recommend dried, but you could substitute other fresh herbs) shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed shopping list
- Small chunk (20g) grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- Zest of 1/2 large lemon shopping list
- 4 anchovies in oil shopping list
- 3 or 4 oil-packed sundried tomatoes, cut up shopping list
- 8-10 pitted black kalamata olives shopping list
- 1 TBS tomato paste shopping list
- 1 TBS olive oil shopping list
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste shopping list
- salt (only after tasting mixture first!) to taste shopping list
- (Optional: few grinds hot chili flakes) shopping list
How to make it
- Cut the butter into chunks and place in a food processor, along with all other ingredients except added salt.
- Process, scraping sides often, until creamy and smooth but flecks of herbs still visible.
- Pile into a crock and store in the fridge. Use your imagination! It's good on anything!
- Makes about 300g or 1 1/3 cups.